- Altar Serving: Girls and boys may volunteer to serve at weekend Masses and other celebrations.
- Response to Love Center: 8th grade students volunteer at the Response to Love Soup Kitchen. All students have the opportunity to volunteer at least once a school year.
- St. Luke’s of Mercy Mission: 7th and 8th grade students volunteer at Thanksgiving and Christmas time to assist with the mass distribution of food, clothing, toys, etc. Other projects by various grade levels throughout the year support their efforts, too.
- Peer Ministry: 7th and 8th grade may attend Peer Ministry Wednesdays with our parish youth minister, Marie Hardy. It’s an opportunity to fellowship with friends, pray as a group, and plan and participate in service projects, including a live “Stations of the Cross” during Lent.
- B.A.S.E.: 6th-8th grade students may participate in B.A.S.E. ("Be A Saint Everyday") with our parish youth minister, Marie Hardy. B.A.S.E. meets in the evenings and much like peer ministry provides the opportunity to fellowship with friends, pray as a group, and participate in service projects. B.A.S.E. is open to all members of the St. John's community.
- Blankets of Love: Students participate in an on-going project to make blankets which are shared with people undergoing treatment for cancer and other life-threatening illnesses.
- Care-Share-Dare: Students and faculty work together by grade level and homerooms to find ways to care for others, share our talents and treasures, and dare to bring Christ’s command to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and love one another through tangible service projects.
- Mail for Military: Letter campaign to our U.S. Armed Forces serving overseas and in the United States to show our support and appreciation.
- St. Nicholas Toy Drive: Hundreds of toys are donated to Ken-Ton and Buffalo charitable organizations to help make Christmas brighter for all!