Teacher's Name: Mrs. Marie Doyle
Grade/Subject: Kindergarten Room 208
It is so hard to believe that our Kindergarten year is coming to a close!
The children have grown and learned SO MUCH!
There are some very special days ahead so please be sure to check your calendar!
EARLY DISMISSAL DAY
Wednesday, June 6th is an 11:00 a.m. early dismissal day.
After School Care is available.
H.S.A. FIELD DAY & HOT DOG COOKOUT
On Monday, June 11th our wonderful Home School Association will sponsor
field days at St. John's!
There will be games, activities and inflatable bounce houses for the children to enjoy.
Please be sure to have your child wear shorts (or pants), socks and sneakers to school.
We will be wearing our Class Memory T-shirts which we have here at school.
Please be sure to apply sunscreen to your child if the day calls for it.
There will be a FREE Hot Dog Lunch provided.
If your child does not care for hot dogs, please send a lunch to school with them.
The cafeteria is closed and we can not order them an alternate lunch.
On Wednesday, June 13th we will debut our Kindergarten Play!
There will be a performance for the school children at 8:30 a.m. followed by the
performance for our parents and families at 10:00 a.m. in the gym.
The children have been practicing very hard for this play
and we look forward to entertaining all our Kindergarten Families!
Your Kindergarten student will be released to the person you designated on the Early Release Form that you returned to school immediately following the performance.
There is no After School Care available for Kindergarten on June 13th.
PICNIC & WALK TO ANDERSON'S
Our Kindergarten families are welcome to join us on the front lawn by the flagpole for a bring your own picnic lunch at 11:10 a.m. on Thursday, June 14th.
We will all walk to Anderson's following our picnic.
(Arrangements will be made to keep us dry at school in case of rain.)
We will be back to school in time for our normal 2:00 dismissal.
This will be our LAST DAY of KINDERGARTEN!
We thank you for sharing your children with us!
We will truly miss them but are confident in our knowledge that they are
prepared and ready for first grade!
Please continue to encourage them to read and write throughout the summer.
It is our goal that each child is reading 15-20 minutes every day.
Please practice their sight words regularly.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
We would like to wish all our Father's, Grandfather's and
Uncles very Happy Father's Day!
1st - Moving Up Day Ceremony (7th & 8th graders) at 9 a.m. in the Church
6th - Early Dismissal 11:00 a.m.
7th - H.S.A. Meeting 7 p.m. in the Reina Room
11th - Field Day & Hot Dog Cookout (wear socks, shorts and sunscreen)
13th - Kindergarten Play 10:00 a.m. in the gym. Dismissal for Kindergarten
students only following the play.
14th - MLAST DAY of SCHOOL for KINDERGARTEN!
Picnic at 11:10 a.m. followed by a walk to Anderson's
The following is a list of skills and ideas that would be helpful for you to work on regularly with your child:
- Read aloud to them daily and have them read to you!
- Identify their name (first, middle & last).
- Recognize the 26 letters of the alphabet (upper case & lower case).
- Identify the sounds that each letter makes.
- Print their first & last name.
- Identify the basic colors of the rainbow.
- Identify the basic two dimensional shapes (bonus for knowing three dimensional shapes).
- Recognize numbers 1-20.
- Practice counting by ones and tens (end of year goal is to count by both to 100).
- Counting out objects to make groups of up to 20.
- Help them identify and create rhyming words.
- Practice coloring.
- Practice cutting & gluing.
- Encourage them to follow simple directions.
- Practice being able to handle their own personal needs such as putting on and taking off their jacket. They should be able to zipper, snap & button most of their own clothing.
- Help them learn to tie their own shoes.
- Encourage proper handwashing & personal hygiene (use of tissues).
- Independently open their own food & drinks for snack and lunch.
- Practice address & phone number (end of year goal is to know both).
- Model and encourage respectful behavior and good listening skills.
Our year end goal in Kindergarten is for everyone to be reading and writing independently!
The following list includes the 100 sight words we will be introducing:
a did hot not ten
all down I of that
am drink if off the
an fast in on three
and find into one to
are for is pick too
ask full it play two
at fun its pull up
away get jump put upon
be go just ran us
best good let red was
big got let's run we
black had like said well
blue has little see went
brown have look seven where
but he make she with
can help me sit will
come here must six yellow
cut him my stop yes
do his no tell you