Teacher's Name: Mrs. Marie Doyle
It's hard to believe that our first trimester of Kindergarten is over!
Report Cards will be sent home with your children on Friday, December 7th.
Parent/Teacher Conferences for Kindergarten will be
Thursday, December 6th from 5:30 - 8:00 p.m and
Friday, December 7th from 8:00 - noon.
Kindergarten students will have a regular school day on both conference days.
Confirmation Notes were sent home verifying the time for each conference.
Conferences should take about 15 minutes each.
We will try to adhere to the schedule as best we can.
ST. NICHOLAS TOY DRIVE
St. John's will be collecting new, unwrapped toys to donate to those less fortunate than us
from December 3rd - December 7th.
Please send your donation in with your child any day that week.
Our School Mass will be celebrated on Friday, December 7th at 9 a.m. in the Church.
Please feel free to join us!
Kindergarten will be performing in the Christmas Concert on
Thursday, December 13th at 6:30 p.m. in the Church.
Children should dress in there Christmas Best and arrive by 6:15 p.m. to meet their class.
They have been working very hard on the words and hand gestures for their special song!
Please encourage them to practice at home.
We look forward to celebrating the season with you.
SPECIAL DAY IN KINDERGARTEN!
On Friday, December 14th we will have a very special day in Kindergarten!
Children may wear their pajamas to school where we will enjoy watching
a special Christmas movie while enjoying a special snack!
(Children will not need to bring their own snack from home on that day.)
We will also be making our very own Classroom Gingerbread House!
Please watch your child's take home folder for more information about this fun day!
SANTA'S SECRET SHOP
The school children will have the opportunity to get some Christmas Shopping done at
our very own pop up store on December 17th & 18th.
Please watch your child's take home folder for more information.
ADVENT PRAYER SERVICE
The children will be learning about Advent...our time of waiting
throughout the entire month of December.
We have many special activities and rituals planned to celebrate the Advent Season.
We will come together as a school community on Thursday, December 20th in the Gym
for a special Advent Prayer Service.
Please note that Friday, December 21st will be an 11 a.m. Early Dismissal Day.
There will be NO AFTER SCHOOL CARE available on this day.
School will resume on Wednesday, January 2, 2019!
We would like to wish everyone a very
We hope everyone has a Happy New Year!
3rd - 7th - St. Nicholas Toy Drive
6th - Kindergarten Parent/Teacher Conferences 5:30 - 8:00 p.m.
7th - Kindergarten Parent/Teacher Conferences 8:00 a.m. - Noon
School Mass 9:00 a.m. in the Church.
13th - Christmas Concert 6:30 p.m. in the Church (children should arrive by 6:15p.m.
14th - Special Kindergarten Pajama Movie/Craft Day
17th & 18th - Santa's Secret Shop
20th - Advent Prayer Service 8:30 a.m. in the Gym
21st - Early Dismissal 11:00 a.m. - NO After School Care
24th - January 1st - NO SCHOOL - Christmas Recess
Wednesday, January 2, 2019 - School Resumes
The following is a list of skills and ideas that would be helpful for you to work on regularly with your child:
- Read aloud to them daily and have them read to you!
- Identify their name (first, middle & last).
- Recognize the 26 letters of the alphabet (upper case & lower case).
- Identify the sounds that each letter makes.
- Print their first & last name.
- Identify the basic colors of the rainbow.
- Identify the basic two dimensional shapes (bonus for knowing three dimensional shapes).
- Recognize numbers 1-20.
- Practice counting by ones and tens (end of year goal is to count by both to 100).
- Counting out objects to make groups of up to 20.
- Help them identify and create rhyming words.
- Practice coloring.
- Practice cutting & gluing.
- Encourage them to follow simple directions.
- Practice being able to handle their own personal needs such as putting on and taking off their jacket. They should be able to zipper, snap & button most of their own clothing.
- Help them learn to tie their own shoes.
- Encourage proper hand washing & personal hygiene (use of tissues).
- Independently open their own food & drinks for snack and lunch.
- Practice address & phone number (end of year goal is to know both).
- Model and encourage respectful behavior and good listening skills.
Our year end goal in Kindergarten is for everyone to be reading and writing independently!
The following list includes the 100 sight words we will be introducing:
a did hot not ten
all down I of that
am drink if off the
an fast in on three
and find into one to
are for is pick too
ask full it play two
at fun its pull up
away get jump put upon
be go just ran us
best good let red was
big got let's run we
black had like said well
blue has little see went
brown have look seven where
but he make she with
can help me sit will
come here must six yellow
cut him my stop yes
do his no tell you