Teacher's Name: Mrs. Marie Doyle
It is hard to believe that our Kindergarten Year is coming to a close!
The children have worked hard this year and we are proud of the progress they have made!
H.S.A. PANERA FUNDRAISER
Please join us for the H.S.A. Panera Fundraiser on
Monday, June 3rd from 4:00 - 8:00 p.m.
at the Panera Restaurant located in the plaza at Delaware Rd. & Sheridan Drive across from Top's. Please bring the flier that was sent home or you can show it on your phone. St. John's will earn a percentage of all sales made with the flier that evening.
FIELD DAYS & H.S.A. HOT DOG COOKOUT
The children will enjoy many fun activities during our St. John's Field Day on
Monday, June 10th.
Kindergarten will be wearing their ORANGE T-shirts that we have here at school.
Please dress them for the weather and be sure to have them wear socks and sneakers to school. We will put the t-shirts on as the children arrive.
Everyone will then be treated to a FREE Hot Dog Lunch!
If your child does not care for hot dogs, they will need to bring a lunch to school that day (the cafeteria is closed so they can not order a lunch).
There will be NO SCHOOL on Friday June 14th due to Teacher Record Day.
EDITING IN PROGRESS
KINDERGARTEN PRAYER SERVICE
& END OF THE YEAR CELEBRATION!
The Kindergarten Children have been practicing very hard for their Kindergarten Prayer Service & End of the Year Celebration on our LAST DAY of School,
Monday, June 17th
at 9:00 a.m.
in the Church!
Please continue to practice their parts with them so that they are comfortable.
Everyone is invited to attend!
BRING YOUR OWN PICNIC
Following the Kindergarten Prayer Service & End of the Year Celebration, we will go to the
Reina Community Room attached to the Church to enjoy lunch. Please bring a picnic lunch
for your whole family (don't forget the drinks) to enjoy!
The Community Room doors will be unlocked if you would like to drop off your lunch before
you enter the Church or you can go get it from your car following the performance.
If your child needs to change their clothes, there are bathrooms in the hall and in the
back of the Church for them to use. Once we are finished with lunch, we will all walk to
ANDERSON'S for DESSERT!
Once we return to school, you may sign your child out and they may leave with you.
THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL YEAR!
2nd - H.S.A. Panera Fundraiser 4:00 - 8:00 p.m.
10th - FIELD DAY & HOT DOG COOKOUT (wear socks and sneakers)
14th - NO SCHOOL
17th - LAST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN!
Prayer Service & End of Year Celebration at 9:00 a.m. in the Church
Bring your own Picnic Lunch and Walk to Anderson's
18th - 8th Grade Graduation 7:00 p.m. in the Church
20th - Closing School Mass at 9:00 a.m. in the Church
The following is a list of skills and ideas that would be helpful for you to work on regularly with your child:
- Read aloud to them daily and have them read to you!
- Identify their name (first, middle & last).
- Recognize the 26 letters of the alphabet (upper case & lower case).
- Identify the sounds that each letter makes.
- Print their first & last name.
- Identify the basic colors of the rainbow.
- Identify the basic two dimensional shapes (bonus for knowing three dimensional shapes).
- Recognize numbers 1-20.
- Practice counting by ones and tens (end of year goal is to count by both to 100).
- Counting out objects to make groups of up to 20.
- Help them identify and create rhyming words.
- Practice coloring.
- Practice cutting & gluing.
- Encourage them to follow simple directions.
- Practice being able to handle their own personal needs such as putting on and taking off their jacket. They should be able to zipper, snap & button most of their own clothing.
- Help them learn to tie their own shoes.
- Encourage proper hand washing & personal hygiene (use of tissues).
- Independently open their own food & drinks for snack and lunch.
- Practice address & phone number (end of year goal is to know both).
- Model and encourage respectful behavior and good listening skills.
Our year end goal in Kindergarten is for everyone to be reading and writing independently!
The following list includes the 100 sight words we will be introducing:
a did hot not ten
all down I of that
am drink if off the
an fast in on three
and find into one to
are for is pick too
ask full it play two
at fun its pull up
away get jump put upon
be go just ran us
best good let red was
big got let's run we
black had like said well
blue has little see went
brown have look seven where
but he make she with
can help me sit will
come here must six yellow
cut him my stop yes
do his no tell you